Sunday, October 13, 2013

What is in a name?

You know the line "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet ". So why was finding a name for this blog so hard? Well it really wasn't all that hard, finding a name that was available was the hard bit. I wanted to create a blog about education focused on innovation and trying new things, in order to advance learning. I want to be able discuss attempts to 'change up' learning and celebrate the attempt and learning outcome whether it is good or bad.

At my house I have  a favourite children's book which I have read to my children. The title of it is "It's Okay to Be Different" by Todd Parr. I love this book at its message: It's Okay to wear glasses; It's Okay to need some help; and It's Okay to make a wish etc. I have actually read this book to the staff at my school - I reckon they thought I was nuts but I made my point which is it's Okay to take a chance, take a risk and learn.

So in this blog I hope to document the things that our school, I, and others have tried, what worked, what didn't. It might be good, it may not - but that will be Okay. I will take a chance. And there it was, the title, and it was available!

No comments:

Post a Comment