Thursday, October 17, 2013

My 10 week challenge

Do you want to?:
  • stay in touch with the latest educational discussions
  • learn about learning technology quickly and easily
  • build your Professional Learning Network (PLN) in your school and beyond
Then you might want to follow me on my '10 Week Challenge'. My challenge may not deliver a dream job or  a hot body for the beach this summer, like the infomercials on TV. It may however, help you develop a fantastic PLN of like minded educators. Well that is what I am hoping for.

I am relatively new to Social Media. I joined Twitter and Facebook in 2012 and I guess I was a 'lurker' (watching the conversations but not participating), accessing content occasionally and wondering what all the fuss was about. Recently I have started to engage with Social Media more and the advantages are becoming more apparent. So that I continue to explore the advantages of this communication platform I have set a few goals for myself in term 4:
  1. Tweet at least once a day about our school
  2. Participate in a Twitter chat(s)
  3. Create a blog and post at least ten times during the term
  4. Connect with people outside of my school, build a PLN, and learn new things
  5. Share what I learn with our staff and post it on my blog in week 10 of term
You can follow me on twitter @CraigMEdwards_ . I will report back about my personal challenge week 10.
 For those that are new like me and want to get started, the following two guides are useful for understanding Twitter (obtained via Edudemic.com)




No comments:

Post a Comment